Monday, May 31, 2010

May 28th Eli's Gotcha Day

Today marks 3 years since we were united as a forever family and Eli Kai Leslie Crosby became our son! Each year, I wonder if I won't get emotional when celebrating this moment! Hasn't happened so far :) Eli has filled a void in my heart that was there for so long. He makes life so adventurous and fulfilling. Another school year at STRIDE is coming to an end and summer is approaching quickly. This means a change in schedule so some days will be hectic, naps will be questionable, but we will make the most of everyday. From bubbles to swingsets, to riding bikes and taking walks my little buddy and I will be hand in hand. Everyday his independance is growing (and his stubbornness). He loves to tell me "I am big now mommy." Inside I am thinking, don't grow up too fast!
Picture: Finally landing in Grand Rapids, Michigan June 2007
Just some facts about Eli since his homecoming:
* Lived in three states (not including China)
* King of frequent flyer miles (I think he has flown 7 times!)
* Used to drool like crazy....remember I use to carry towels around to dry his face
* His speech skills continue to improve...he has come so far!
* Extremely active....did I say extremely??
* Favorite Movies: Ironman, Transformers, Toy Story, Finding Nemo, Bugs Life
* Favorite Toys: Geotrack, Ironman figures, puzzles, trucks
* Loves being outside (unless it is snowy, cold, or windy...just like his mama)
* Looks forward to our bi-weekly library visits (he likes to use our closet as the elevator at the library)
* Thinks the world of his nana and papa
* Loves when brother Justin comes over
* Has amazing aunts, uncles, and cousins that love him dearly (miss you guys!!)
I could go on and on about my crazy little boy! The next big adventure in his life is getting to be a big brother. He doesn't understand why we can't just go for a ride to pick up his little brother!
Next year's recap will be a whole new ballgame...two boys! I can't believe how close we are to going to China. Hopefully, we will be boarding that plane soon.

1 comment:

cmrteach said...

I took that picture!!! :) That was a truly amazing day!!! :) I can't believe it's been that long already. Can't wait to see pics of you and your next little man! :) MISS YOU!!