Monday, July 25, 2011

Summer Fun

Hard to believe how quickly summer flys by!  We are in the middle of having a great summer (maybe you can tell by the lack of posts...haha).  I will be so excited to get our regular Internet service back this week as using the Mobile Hot Spot off our phones is SLOOOOOOOOWWW!  Once we get up and running, I will post some pics of our vacation to Michigan and our various summer events. 

Over the past month, Eli attended summer school.  I was a bit apprehensive about him attending but looking back, I am so glad that he went.  He had an absolute blast.  He even took a field trip to Barnes n Nobooks (Noble) and Scotty's Pizza (he asks daily if we can get pizza from there).  While he was at school, Jace and I had some quality time together (it isn't too often that its just the two of us).  We went to the park, walked, and just goofed around.

July 9th, we headed back to Michigan for fun and lots of adventures.  My brother Joe picked us up in Detroit then we headed to Saginaw to hang with Mike, Lynda, Kelsey, and Kennedy.  While in Saginaw, Jace was baptized.  His Godparents are my brother and sister-in-law.  We had lots of pool time (my boys are dark as can be).  My friend Steph and her family also came to visit.  It was great to see her and her fam again!  We then headed across the state to Muskegon.  We stayed with Cory and Megan (they have two girls similar in age to our boys....they played so great together!!)  One day we spent with The Fogarty's at Pickeral Lake.  It has been so long since I was on a speed boat....forgot how much fun they were!!  Eli and Jace had a ball playing in the water with Noah and Luke (Tara and Steve's boys).  Can you tell the boys had some serious play time!!!  Also during our trip, I was able to spend the day with my dearest friend Barb and her two boys (yes, more play time for the boys).  We tackled Imagination Station and the Grand Haven Pier.  I LOVED being back by the water!!!!  After all of our visiting, we were actually able to hang out with The McDaniels.  The four kids had several water balloon fights (funny how long it takes to fill the balloons but how quickly they disappear) and did finger paints on the cement.  Jace looked like a little Avatar as he was painted blue from head to toe.  Before heading back to Wyoming, we spent time with Rob's cousin and aunt.  We also visited with Rob's sister and her fam.  It was a busy, busy vacation.  I would have loved to have seen more family and friends but it is sooooo hard to fit everyone in.

Pictures to come!!!!! 

No comments: